101 Multi-Purpose Putty 500g
- EVERBUILD MULTI PURPOSE LINSEED OIL PUTTY is a hand applied setting glazing compound for sealing glass into metal and wooden frames.
- Easier to apply than most competitive putties.
- Extended shelf life.
- For wood and metal frames.
- Added plasticiser improves adhesion and helps prevent cracking.
Areas For Use
- Single glazing of pre-treated wooden and metal rebates.
- Unsuitable for plastic frames, heat absorbing glass, double glazing or frames treated with decorative. microporous stains.
- Always mix contents of pack thoroughly to blend in any surface oil.
- Do not overpaint until a surface skin has formed (minimum 7 days, maximum 30 days).
- Do not apply below 4oC.
All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from dust, grease and other contamination.
All timber frames must be sealed either an oil based primer or with two coats of timber sealer prior to glazing.
Painted steel frames may be glazed without any further preparation. Galvanised frames must be passivated or allowed to weather naturally prior to glazing. Check that suitable primers (Calcium plumbate, zinc chromate) have hardened sufficiently by gently wiping with white spirits.
Work putty in hands before use. Ensure rebates are dirt free and prepared as detailed above. Apply putty to rebate, bed in glass and secure with non rusting pins (wooden rebates) or spring clips (metal frames).Apply putty to front face of glass and smooth to a triangular fillet with a putty knife.
Product must be fully protected with an undercoat and top coat after a surface skin has formed; i.e. after seven, but no later than 30 days after glazing. Allow undercoat to dry before applying gloss. Overpainting before a skin has formed may result in bubbling and blistering of the paint film coupled with oil seepage. Overpainting after 30 days may result in cracking and a loss of adhesion. Varnish and preservative (microporous) stains should not be used as they do not afford adequate protection.
Maintenance is essential for long term performance of the putty. Make good any defects /damages with fresh putty. When painting/repainting, ensure the paint seal overlaps the join between the putty and the glass and that the frame is well maintained.
Appearance Thick buff or teak paste. Specific Gravity @ 20°C 2.0 gcm3 (approx) Movement Accommodation Low Oil Content 12% min Application Temperature 5oC to 30oC. Drying Time Overpaint when skin has formed, between 7 and 28 days after glazing. Service Temperature -30 to 50oC. Service Life Up to 20 years when applied according to the methods outlined in BS6262 (1982) and BS8000:Part 7 (1990). Coverage For putty facing, coverage will be between 3 and 5.meters per kg depending on rebate dimensions and frame type.
Health & Safety
Consult MSDS for full list of hazards.
Store at moderate temperatures. Product will stiffen at low temperatures.