Gun Grade Expanding Foam 750ml
EVERBUILD GUN GRADE EXPANDING FOAM are quick setting one part polyurethane foams in aerosol form. GUN GRADE is supplied for use with our range of applicator guns. The foam expands on application to up to 50 times its original volume and expands on application by 150%. Once cured, the foam can be cut, sawn or plastered over after only one hour providing the working temperatures (can and surfaces) are between +5 to +25oC, ideally 20oC.
- Quick setting – can be cut, sawn or plastered in 1 hour.
- Economical in use – expands up to 50 times its original volume.
- Fills irregular and broad gaps where most conventional fillers would fail.
- Possesses insulating and sound deadening properties.
Areas for Use
- Gaps around pipe entries through walls.
- Gaps around window frames, door frames.
- Electrical wire chasing prior to plastering
- Deep joints prior to applying sealant or plaster
- Irregular gaps in stone, brick, concrete or plaster
- Door frames
- Timber structures
- Window sills and thresholds.
- Window frames
- Behind cladding to exterior walls.
- Behind soffit and barge boards
- In automotive applications.
- Carefully read instructions and text in warning box before use.
- Do not over pressurize container.
- Always apply above 5oC.
- Clean spills immediately with EVERFLEX FOAM CLEANER.
- When using GUN GRADE, always clean the gun thoroughly with EVERFLEX FOAM CLEANER until the jet is clear of foam. Leave the canister attached until the gun is to be used again
- When using FILL AND FIX FOAM, always remove nozzle from can and clean immediately after use with EVERFLEX FOAM CLEANER
- For fire rated joints, use EVERFLEX FIREFOAM B1 in conjunction with EVERFLEX FIREMATE intumescent sealant.
Once cured, dry foam must be removed mechanically. No solvent will remove the product.
Ensure all surfaces are clean, sound and free from dust and loose particles. Moisten surfaces to be sealed with water. This assists the curing process.
ALWAYS WEAR PROTECTIVE GLOVES. Shake can well before use (about 20 times). For the FILL AND FIX PRODUCT, carefully fix nozzle. Do not overtighten or force. ALWAYS USE CAN UPSIDE DOWN. For GUN GRADE, tighten securely into one of our range of guns. Only partially fill cavities as the foam will expand to fill the remaining space. Any excess foam can be removed whilst still wet with EVERFLEX FOAM CLEANER. Cured foam must be removed mechanically. When used for fixing door frames, supports must be used until the foam is fully cured.
When transported in cars, keep in boot, out of direct sunlight. When removing cured foam from skin, take care not to damage with abrasives. Grease skin with body lotion or similar.
IMPORTANT – Re-use is only possible by cleaning the nozzle and valve tip with EVERBUILD DUAL PURPOSE FOAM CLEANER before the foam has cured. Do not push any object into the valve as the contents may explode.
|Expansion||37 litres (750ml can) 25 litres (500ml can)|
|Cell Structure||Medium fine|
|Tack Free||Approx. 8 minutes|
|Cuttable||20 mins to 1 hour depending on bead dimensions.|
|Full Load Bearing Stability||App, 12 hours (20mm bead)|
|Working Temps||5oC – 25oC. (Optimum 20oC)|
|Tensile Strength||18N/cm2 (DIN 53455)|
|Elongation At Tension||30% (DIN 53455)|
|Shear Strength||8N/cm2 (DIN 53422))|
|Flexural Strength||20N/cm2 (DIN 53423)|
|Compressive Strength||5N/cm2 (DIN 53421) at 10% stress.|
|Water Absorption||0.3 Vol % (DIN 53428)|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.04 W/Mk (DIN 52612)|
|Temp Res Of Cured Bead||Long Term: -40 – +100oCShort Term: -40 – +130oC|
|Building Material Class||B3 (DIN 4102, Part 1)|
Health & Safety
Consult MSDS for full list of hazards
Store upright between 15 and 20oC. Pressurized container. Protect from sunlight and do not expose to temperatures above 50oC. Do not pierce or burn the can even after use. Store as flammable liquid.
Note: Elevated temperatures will reduce shelf life dramatically.